Read our take as we book our place at Wembley for the second time this season with a 0-4 win over Barnet.

Team news

After Wednesday’s win against FC Halifax Town, Andy Whing named an unchanged starting line-up as we travelled to face an in-form Barnet side.

This means Campbell starts up front after his goal in mid-week, whilst Jamey Osborne captains the side once again.

Match Report

Solihull Moors have made the National League Promotion Final, after beating Barnet 0-4 at the Hive in the semi-finals, with arguably the performance of the season fron Andy Whing's side.

The match began with the hosts nearly having a chance after two minutes, with Adebola Oluwo heading over the bar from a free-kick.

In the fifth minute, a long ball over the Barnet defence by Alex Whitmore was not cleared properly by Josh Keeley with the ball landing at Joe Sbarra’s feet from 35 yards. However, his shot was blocked by the goalkeeper out of his goal.

A minute later, the Moors took the lead through James Clarke scoring against the Bees for the second time this season. Jamey Osborne crossed the ball from a free-kick on the right-hand side and was met by Clarke from 10 yards out. His header across goal bouncing into the net to make it 0-1.

Nine minutes in, Jack Stevens received the ball on the left-hand side and his dangerous cross caused the Barnet defence problems before Keeley claimed the ball.

Barnet responded well to conceding the first goal and kept a majority of possession as they tried to find an equaliser. 19 minutes in, Whitmore was in the right position to block Idris Kanu’s cross.

22 minutes in, Tahvon Campbell made a vital challenge at the far-post to deny a goal after a dangerous cross was sent in; before Dale Gorman’s shot deflected over the bar.

Five minutes later, the Moors doubled their lead through Jack Stevens. Osborne chested the ball down before dribbling towards the Barnet defenders and releasing Stevens. His left-footed shot caught Keeley out as the ball trickled into the net and make it 0-2.

On the half an hour mark, Tyrese Shade made a chance for himself after drifting the ball onto his left and striking towards goal but it was easily held by Keeley.

41 minutes in, Barnet had their best chance of the game after Kanu beat his man with ease on the left-hand side before passing the ball into Nicke Kabamba who was free in the middle of the penalty area, but he could only hit his shot wide of Nick Hayes’ goal.

In the second minute of stoppage time, Campbell was played in behind the Barnet defence and shot the ball low towards goal but Keeley kept the ball out his legs.

The second half began with Sbarra released down the left-hand side before clipping the ball towards Campbell in the middle, but the cross was caught by Keeley.

In the 51st minute, some good passing play from the Moors on the left led to Sbarra crossing for Campbell. However, Jerome Okimo did enough to force the attacker to shoot off target.

Ten minutes later, the Moors scored increased their lead to three with Campbell scoring. Campbell initially played the ball into Sbarra with just the goalkeeper to beat, but Keeley did well to keep the ball out. But the chance was not gone completely with Campbell in the right area to score and make it 0-3.

On 66 minutes, Clarke intercepted a loose pass and led the counterattack for the Moors as the ball found its way to Tyrese Shade. Shade cut in on his right and shot, but his low shot was saved by Keeley.

On 75 minutes, a long ball over the top by Barnet led to Kabamba having the time to shoot on the edge of the box but he dragged his effort straight into the path of Nick Hayes.

With nine minutes of time to go, Sbarra won the ball back in the opposition half and played in Shade who drove at the defender before smashing the ball towards the near-post, and needed tipping behind by Keeley.

On 84 minutes, Shade again led the counterattack and carried the ball up the pitch before passing into Callum Maycock, whose chipped shot was saved.

Five minutes later, Solihull scored their fourth of the game with Sbarra the latest to add his name on the scoresheet. Campbell held the ball up for his teammate Maycock, who sent Sbarra in on goal with just the keeper to beat and finished calmly to mark an unforgettable evening for the Moors.

In stoppage time, Barnet had chances to score with Clarke clearing a shot on the line and ensured that the Moors kept a clean sheet and book their ticket to Wembley in style.

Next week, the Moors will travel to Wembley for the first time in our history to play either Bromley or Altrincham in the 2024 National League playoff final.

Moors starting XI: Hayes, Benn, Clarke, Whitmore, Newton, Maycock, Osborne ©, Stevens, Sbarra, Shade, Campbell

Subs: Morrison (Benn 46), Labadie (Stevens 56), Beck (Campbell 91), Benton, Boateng

Barnet starting XI: Keeley, Collinge, Okimo, Gorman ©, Kabamba, Kanu, Freeman, Pritchard, Hartigan, Oluwo, Cropper

Subs: Walker, Hall-Johnson, Coker (Oluwo 71), Stead (Freeman 56), Brunt (Gorman 56)

Attendance: 4,560 (331 away)