It would be back-to-back home defeats within three days for Moors and déjà vu as a quickfire double courtesy of a Wearne penalty and a close range Olley finish awarded Gateshead the three points despite a late Moors rally.

It was an even start between the two sides with a chance for either side within three minutes, first, the away side saw a shot go the wrong side of the bar followed by some great play by Saturday’s goal scorer Mark Beck who laid it off to Kelly but Mair in the Heed goal gathered.

Moors then would have two penalty shouts through the Moors #10 Kelly, first being in the 9th minute as he seemed to be brought down and once again on the 16th minute – both waved away by the officials.

A game between two sides in the playoffs can go either way – extremely cagey or chaos, unfortunately it was becoming the former as no side were really taking a foothold. Moors did have a wakeup call, however, on the half hour mark as confusion at the back between Hornby and his defence allowed Wearne to be laid off and much to Hornby’s relief his drive dropped wide of the post.

Moors were getting their share of half chances, ten minutes before the break a searching Osbourne free kick somehow evaded everyone at the far post.

Heed could argue they were unlucky to not be a man up at the interval as with six minutes before the 45th minute Richard Stearman was showed yellow for an aggressive tackle.

Any frustrations from the away dugout would of disappeared however as on the 42nd minute they were awarded a penalty following a trip in the area and despite Hornby guessing correctly Wearne converted the spot kick into the top right of Hornby’s net.

Gateshead were full of attacking confidence – something they used to their advantage well and doubled their lead – this time Greg Olley the goal scorer. Following a scramble in the box Moors failed to clear and a driven cross was converted at the far post to make it 2-0 out of nowhere for the away side into the break.

Understandably Moors came out into the second half wounded – the scoreline was extremely harsh, Gateshead not really capitalising on that as despite some great work from goalscorer Olley his cross across goal, with 51 minutes on the clock, evaded everyone.

The first chance of the second half for a wounded Moors came on the 57th minute as a searching free kick found the head of Morrison who’s cracking header across goal ultimately led to nothing, some great blocking from Heed to prevent the goal.

Heed continued to not rest on their laurels, this time it was their top scorer Marcus Dinanga with a curling effort from the edge of the box that dropped wide with a minute over twenty to play.

The game was looking like it was petering out, but like Saturday Moors wouldn’t go down without a fight as sub-Jon Benton was bought down for a penalty which Kelly converted with four minutes of normal time left.

Six minutes added time provided a great platform for Moors to equalise but unfortunately despite a huge fight and a few half chances it wasn’t to be and Andy Whing’s men were succumbed to a second home defeat in three days.

Solihull will look to bounce back when they make the trek to Manchester to face another play off contender in the name of Altrincham on Saturday (25th November).