Maidenhead United ran out 2-1 winners at the ARMCO Arena following Tobi Sho-Silva's first-half strike and Reece Smith's volley secured the visitors all three points.

A Sam Barratt spearheaded Maidenhead performance saw the visitors leave with three points as they succumbed Solihull Moors to only their third defeat of the season in a 2-1 victory at the ARMCO Arena.

Maidenhead started the game to a flyer with a set of troubling corners after eight minutes putting Moors debutant keeper, Sam Hornby under fire followed by a Barratt free kick just five minutes later which much to Hornby’s relief curled over the bar.

Barratt, the new addition from Barnet, was proving to be a nuisance for Moors backline as a minute before twenty minutes hit the clock another effort was drilled wide of the post. A real tough first twenty for Moors.

Moors had been riding their luck and with twenty-five minutes on the clock they were finally punished as Tobi Sho – Silva was on hand to tap in from close range – the least the away side deserved.

Maidenhead who hang in the relegation fight continued to not let up and press for a second when just three minutes after the first they had two huge chances – the first blocked by Hornby and the second cleared off the line once again from a free header at the back post.

Moors finally appeared to wake up on the 36th minute as Maycock was played in but his shot was no trouble to Craig Ross in the Maidenhead net who parried away well.

Andy Whing’s side would argue they should have equalised two minutes before the break when Calum Maycock had the goal at his destiny but for Craig Ross to throw his whole body in the way and after a scramble Maycock’s long distance effort was held.

Solihull started the second half much better compared to the first – some great work from Beck gave Moors a number of corners that were ultimately dealt well by the Maidenhead backline a minute after getting back underway.

Football is a cruel game as we all know and despite a firing start Moors were shot in the foot by a sweet struck volley by Reece Smith that found the corner and doubled the away side’s lead on the 52nd minute.

Moors responded relatively well with continued pressure on the away side’s backline with first half sub-Beck being the source but the away side’s backline held firm.

Maidenhead continued to probe for a third to put the game beyond any doubt, the goal scorer Reece Smith saw a long-range effort held by Hornby after 67 minutes played and the game was starting to look further and further away from Moors.

Maidenhead’s second goal really killed any spark to the game and despite the likes of a Kyle Morrison effort and Gus Mafuta seeing his effort blocked three minutes from time, Maidenhead looked certain to see the affair out and claim all three points for their efforts.

The never say die attitude at Moors had one last say however, as Mark Beck claimed one back in the first minute of four additional after tapping home from close range.

Despite some last-minute savaging for something from the game Moors unfortunately fell to their second home defeat of the season and Maidenhead left with the points back down south.

Moors will look to bounce back immediately as they face Gateshead at the ARMCO Arena on Tuesday (21st November).

Moors Starting XI: Hornby, Benn, Stearman ©, Morrison, Craig, Newton, Mafuta, Maycock, Warburton, Kelly, Benton

Subs: Osborne (Newton 46), Beck (Benton 38), Stevens, Labadie, Howell

Maidenhead Starting XI: Ross ©, Asare, Beckwith, Golding, Ferdinand, Mitchell-Lawson, Sho-Silva, Pettit, Smith, Clerima, Barratt

Subs: McCoulsky (Mitchell-Lawson 78), Omilabu, Zimba (Sho-Silva 86), Massey, Kinsella

Attendance: 1,430 (48 away)